Monday, June 20, 2011

Talos (WIP)

Hey followers of Chaos! Old Uncle Chaos here bringing you some pics of my Talos. It is currently a work in progress, though it is nearing its final stages. Some ideas to consider:

The model itself- The model is very impressive, to say the least. The Talos was one of my original favs, and I was thrilled with how GW updated it. Upon opening the box, I was impressed with the various options (heads, weapons, etc.). I also like the size and "grace" of the model. Some have said it's small. I disagree. Its about the size of a dreadnought, but more lithe, in keeping with DE aesthetic . The only thing I don't like is that the bottom ends in a nub... but GW must have thought that way, because they included the parts for a Cronos, which has tentacles on the bottom. Sooooo- I built a Talos with weapons and stinger tail BUT with bottom tentacles. Problem solved, and the model looks great. If I were to rate the kit, I'd give it 4 out of 4 Marks of Chaos, no doubt about it!

The paint scheme- I have only briefly shown my new paint scheme for my new DE. It is somewhat evocative of my old scheme (red and black), but my painting has gotten a lot better, so they reflect my new technique also. The Talos fits into that scheme, though I did his flesh to look very different from other DE units. It's almost done, and I'm quite pleased.

I will show more pics of my DE army soon. I will also begin explaining how I got into Chaos. Indeed, though I'm working on DE, Chaos is still calling to me... perhaps I'll need a Chaos project or two in between my DE work... the wheels are already turning...

Until next time, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment