Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Talos Completed

Welcome to another addition of Chaos Corner, my friends. I have completed my work on my 1st Talos for the new Dark Eldar force. I had a fun time assembling and painting this beastie. As I said before, the kit is great- a great model with a large amount of customization potential, and it fits in well with the rest of the army. As a GW product, I would rate it 4 out of 4 marks of Chaos.






So, here are some pics of my completed Talos. I had undercoated black, and did the armor ridges in red gore. As for the flesh, I used hormagaunt purple, with a leviathan purple wash, followed by successive coats of bleached bone. The sharp metal bits (hooks, needle, etc) I did with tin bitz and a brushing of boltgun metal. The various chems I did in purples, greens, and blood red. The vials of chems I hit with gloss varnish also, to make them look like glass. Finally, I put DE markings on the back of the carapace in fortress grey.

Hope you enjoy the look. I will be posting more DE pics as time goes on (and of course my Chaos stuff). Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment