Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer's A-Coming

Summer fun is coming soon enough. It's over 90 degrees in NY right now. There's no better way to beat the heat than to check out the old Chaos Corner blog, and I got a few good ones here:

First, I'm very excited by the new DE releases this month. I'm thrilled with the look of the Talos and Scourges (I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on them). I've been working on a few DE things, so watch this space for that...

Next up, there's been tons of Finecast news on the blogs and sites. Some highly critical, others praising it. I'll get one finecast model and check it out. I'm hoping its good. I've always been against metal- I think its a pain to work with, and I've built and converted TONS of metal Daemons (Juggies of Khorne). I just am not a fan of metal. Hopefully, if Finecast is good, that means no more metal, and I think this is a good thing.

Finally, I checked out X-Men: First Class. I think I will do an X-Men movies review at some point (soon). Just a general post to say that it was really, really good. Xavier and Erik are great, and Kevin Bacon is good as Shaw (though his 'look' reminds me more of Arcade than Shaw, but hey whoever thought we'd get any Hellfire Club at all?). The story was good, though I felt we could have used even more time building the friendship between X and Mags. I'll be back later with a more in-depth review.

Oh, and here's a little thing I'm working on right now...

So that's it for now. Once summer hits, I'll be blogging more regularly, so check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment