Monday, September 6, 2021

The Campaign of Aurelius Secondus











































































































 I know that I have been gone for some time. Did Old Man Chaos die, I hear you ask? No- just life has been busy. Wife, son, work, friends, family (extended), and all that life throws at you.

In order to do some things, I had to drop others. I wanted to do more modeling and painting for 40K, so I couldn’t do the blog. But I’m trying to make an effort to get back in. I won’t be able to do full length articles, I’ll probably just show pictures of my work going forward. We shall see. 

But, I do want to say that Pete, Joe, and I had a huge, 8 round story based campaign fought over four days. I wrote the story (with branching endings and objectives that impacted the next battle). I have never done anything so ambitious- I wrote stories, battle scenarios, deployment maps, etc. I also painted a ton of models and terrain. It was exhausting, but totally satisfying. While I play joe fairly frequently, Pete is only up here once in a while. This year we scheduled it/ a long weekend we dubbed “Nerd Fest NY 2021” (since our wives call us nerds, we wear it proudly!).

So above are some pictures of the battles, and the accoutrements of the long campaign. So take a look at some nicely painted models and terrain. Hopefully you will be inspired in some way or another when doing your 40K thing. Enjoy! 


Until Next Time… 


No comments:

Post a Comment