Thursday, September 9, 2021

Beast Snagga (Feral) Orks- Squig Riders

 





















So as you can see- I’ve started Beaat Snagga Orks. I have always loved the concept of the Feral Ork. Orks invade, spores are spread, years later Orks grow and ravage again. My ork army will be composed entirely of Snagga / Beast boyz. No planes, tanks, etc. It’s just going to be these primitive (but quickly adapting) Orks.

I painted these with a lot of contrast paints. The more I get used to them, I like them more. I used Plaguebearer Flesh contrast over Wraithbone spray undercoat for the Ork skin. Then, I carefully washed the ork skin with Biel Tan wash, covering the Plaguebearer flesh slightly unevenly, to create a slight variations of skin tone over the entire body. I made sure to put more wash in the recesses to really give it detail. Finally I did the new paint Orruk Flesh as a highlight.

The Squings were great to do. Over Wraithbone I painted Flesh Tearer Red all over the body, allowing it to pool in the recesses. Then, I used Evil Sunz Red to highlight the edges, folds, bumps, and musculature. 

For the Gretchen / Grots, I again applied Plaguebearer Flesh, followed by a careful wash of Camoshade. Totally different skin color from the Orks. Again I highlighted it Orruk green. 

Clothes, belts, boots, furs- also all done with contrasts. Smoke bite leather, Dunes, Black Templar- any color clothing you want. You can make them entirely uniform, or you could just do everything different- as long as the Ork Skin Color is there, the army is tied together. Same with metallics. I’ve used a bunch of them, with earth shade or nuln oil to make them look worn and beat up. And for me, Iron Warriors Metal is my new go to- dark gunmetal, allowing you to keep it dull or brighten it was much as you want with various silver highlights.

The bases are Rhinox Hide, Stirland Mud/Mire, and a drybrush of Tyrant Skull.

The skulls on the base were all Wraithbone too. Then I either used Skeleton Horde or Apothecary white  to finish them. Some skulls are brighter than others.

Used some different grasses from Army Painter (really easy to use), and some Nurgle Rot for swamp slime. 

They came out great. The green and red really pop on the table, but the ground bases make them earthy. Feral Orks indeed! Next up, I’ll be working on some Snagga Boyz and learning the new Kill Team. Hoping to get my friends interested. My brother, who hasn’t played 40K in years, might be tempted to try, as you don’t need that many models (unless you’re the imperial guard or something). Average 5-10 models depending on your faction. Sounds like a fast fun game. 


Until Next Time… 

No comments:

Post a Comment