Monday, July 23, 2012

Brief, Brief Review: The Dark Knight Rises

Hey there Chaos fans- the title says it all, so I'll make this quick. I want to do an in depth review of The Dark Knight Rises, but the truth is, I have to see this again in order to "get it all". Everyone knows that Nolan's movies are dense, and this may be his biggest yet.


So, is The Dark Knight Rises any good? Absolutely. Is it better than TDK or BB? Well, I need another viewing. It may be the weakest of the 3, but that's like saying Two Towers is the weakest LoTR- it's still fantastic, just not as good as the other two. At the moment, that's how I feel about DKR- it's a great movie, but I can't be sure how it compares to the previous two- I need more viewings to make a decision.

It has action, drama, great acting, great special effects, moving/haunting music, and naturally, both social commentary and a further examination of "morality" in this world. The movie also has a huge, epic feel to it.

There are some problems... there are a few pacing problems, and there are a few story elements that are awfully convenient, etc.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a perfect movie. Ever. It's subjective, after all. Long story short- if you enjoyed either of the other 2, you WILL enjoy this one. If you are a Batman fan at all, you MUST see this. Even IF this movie is the "weakest" of the trilogy overall (again, I can't be sure that it is yet), it has some of the best MOMENTS of the trilogy, and the conclusion is so emotional, so perfect for this Batman trilogy...

You need to see this movie. Even if you will always think The Joker is better, you will take many things from this movie. I suspect the more I view it, the film will be even better (both BB and TDK have improved with age).

That's all I have to say about that. I will be back with an in-depth review after I have seen the film again and digested it properly. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment